Things as of late...

I have been trying to watch all the films nominated for Oscars so I can make an informed decision on whom I think should win however this has proven difficult when the price of going to the pictures is so expensive! It costs around $16.50!! That's more than what I earn an hour. And the allure of the cinemas is not what it used to be, there is no atmospheric ceilings, no plush velvet curtains and certainly no Moorish interior designs, instead just sterile prepackaged movie theatres popping up in every mall and smelling like toddlers up chuck, sugary syrup and stale popcorn. However nothing could keep me away from seeing the Coen brothers' adaptation of True Grit. I had heard all about the hype so I tried hard to go in there with a mind bereft of bias. However I left the cinemas fully converted to the Coen western. It was simply amazing. Some people think that there should have been more violence as the trailer may have preluded to but I think that this would have been unnecessary. For myself, it was the dialogue that made it wonderful and the way that Jeff Bridges played a harden U.S. Marshall yet with still with some 'Dude'-like qualities.

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.